By popular demand and in celebration of Memorial Day 2021, Skye Canyon is hosting its second annual Patriotic Car Parade on Saturday, May 29. An opportunity for families to show off their patriotic spirit, community pride and creativity, this year’s event also helps support Kline Veterans Fund, one of the community’s charity partners. For a $5 donation, families can register for a spot in the car parade. Decorate the vehicle in red, white, and blue and show your spirit.
The Patriotic Car Parade will originate and end at Skye Canyon Park with cars lining up at 9:30 am. The official Car Parade will begin at 10:15 am and will be led by a themed-float and representatives from Kline Veterans Fund. Participating vehicles will receive a commemorative Skye Canyon Event Pin.
Following the parade, enjoy music, food trucks, giveaways and more at the family-focused and safety minded Memorial Day celebration.
Saturday, May 29th 2021
9:30 am Car Lineup
10:00 am National Anthem & Color Guard
10:15 am Parade Begins
Collect your Skye Canyon Event Pin
Part of the THRIVE @ Skye event series, all participating Patriotic Parade vehicles will each receive a special pin. Show your community pride by collecting a unique pin at future community events.
Parade Route and Schedule
Car lineup starts at 9:30 am at Skye Canyon Park, and the official Car Parade will begin at 10:15 am. The parade will be led by a themed-float and representatives from Kline Veterans Fund, one of the community’s charity partners. The parade will travel on the above route before returning to Skye Canyon Park, where residents can opt for a safety-minded picnic in the park while adhering to current safety protocols.
Support our Veterans this Memorial Day
Attendees are encouraged to consider making a donation to the Kline Veterans Fund, a charitable organization providing financial assistance and other support to homeless, at-risk and indigent veterans and their families in Southern Nevada.
Donate by texting SKYESERVES to 44321.
Register for the Patriotic Parade
Health & Safety
- If it has been two weeks since you received your last dose of the vaccine, masks are not required
- Emails of attendees will be collected for contact tracing
- No outside food or beverages permitted
- Sanitization crew will be present to regularly disinfect surfaces
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout park
- If you are sick with COVID-19, have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, it is important to stay home and away from other people until it is safe to be around others.
Connect with the community, share inspiration, and get event updates by following @SkyeCanyon on Facebook and Instagram!