Skye and Stars
In celebration of International Astronomy Day, Skye Canyon’s sixth annual Skye & Stars stargazing event with the Las Vegas Astronomical Society (LVAS) is set for Saturday, May 15, 2021, at Skye Canyon Park. With safety in mind, gates open at 6 p.m. for picnicking, music, lawn games, and food trucks with constellation viewing beginning after dark from 8 pm to 10 pm. This is a free, family-friendly event. Donations for the Las Vegas Astronomical Society will be accepted during the event.
6pm – 10pm
Constellation Viewing 8pm – 10pm
10111 W. Skye Canyon Park Drive Las Vegas, NV 89166
COLLECT YOUR EVENT PIN
Part of the THRIVE @ Skye event series, Skye Canyon will be giving away Skye & Stars collectible event pins to participants. Show your community pride by collecting a unique pin at each future event!
ENTER RAFFLE FOR CHANCE TO WIN
One winner will take home the grand prize of an AWB OneSkye Telescope, one of the best telescopes on the market for astronomy lovers and learners. Enter to win by purchasing a $5 raffle ticket at the event.
PICNIC IN THE PARK
Enjoy a sunset picnic with the family and enjoy delicious bites and sips from local food trucks Maize St and Alpha Dawg. Drinks will be available for purchase from Local 808.
Las Vegas Astronomical Society
LVAS is a local nonprofit made up of amateur astronomers and was formed to promote astronomy, educate the public, and provide educational outreach to students. For more information, please visit www.LVAstronomy.com.
Health & Safety
- Capacity will be limited to 1,000 people at any time at Skye Canyon Park, entrance line will begin outside of park gate and be spaced 3′ apart
- Temperature checks will be required before attendees are allowed to enter the event area
- Emails of attendees will be collected for contact tracing
- Masks or face coverings must be worn at all times
- Guests are encouraged to partake in social distancing, keeping 6′ distance between parties
- No outside food or beverages permitted
- Disposable lens covers will be used on the telescopes in between attendees.
- Sanitization crew will be present to regularly disinfect surfaces
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout park
- If you are sick with COVID-19, have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, it is important to stay home and away from other people until it is safe to be around others.